08 June 2015

Baby Shuffle

Six months ago, you would have found me sketching, calculating, and testing pattern blocks for my newly released Gooseberry patterns. I typically make a couple tester blocks for each pattern--mainly to verify my math is correct. Rarely do I have enough time to test a full quilt since--well, there just aren't enough hours in the day. But today, you get to meet a cute little exception to that rule.
Shuffle quilt
This sweet pint-sized version of my Shuffle quilt pattern was made with Mixologie fabric by Studio M for Moda. I quilted it with a whole bunch of crazy, free-motion loops.
Shuffle quilt
Because I made it for a baby gift, I made a few changes that I wanted to share with you in case you'd like to make your own baby Shuffle. For this Mixologie version, I made 20 blocks (instead of 42) and arranged them into 5 rows of 4. It finished at 44 x 55". I only needed 3 yards of back fabric and 6 strips 2-1/2" x WOF for the binding.
Of course, if you want to make one a little bigger, you can make 30 blocks and arrange them into 6 rows of 5. It should finish at 55 x 66" and you will need 3-3/4 yards of back fabric and 7 strips 2-1/2" x WOF for the binding.
Now if you could just see how absolutely adorable the new owner of the quilt is. ;)

10 comments:

  1. I like the loopy quilting. It looks real cute. Simple quilt to make - pinwheel, borders cut the block wonky. Fun and easy. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore it! I love pinwheels and for these to be turned makes it more charming! The colors are wonderful and the polka dots on back is such a cool look. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sweet quilt....love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is with pleasure that I look at your site; it is great. Really nice to read your nice sharing .Continuez well and thank you again.

    voyance gratuite en ligne ; voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I love your blog it's really nice
    continued like that for the rest of it is really perfect believe me.
    voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks , I’ve recently been searching for info about this subject for ages and yours is the greatest I have discovered till now. But, what about the bottom line? Are you sure about the source?
    voyance par mail

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing when you find a good content in today's internet.

    voyance serieuse

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love what you do I wonder how I could miss your blog

    voyance sérieuse en ligne

    ReplyDelete
  9. We design and hands build the sea bags and ditty bags for the ship crew.

    ReplyDelete